NJ Standard Indicator (end of Preschool)
- 6.1.P.A.3: Demonstrate appropriate behavior when collaborating with others.
- 6.1.P.B.2: Identity, discuss, and role-play the duties of a range of community workers
- 6.1.P.D.1: Describe characteristics of oneself, one’s family, and others.
- 6.1.P.D.2: Demonstrate an understanding of family roles and traditions.
NJ Standard Indicator (end of 4th grade)
- 6.1.4.C.15: Describe how the development of different transportation systems impacted the economies of New Jersey and the United States.
- 6.1.4.C.16: Explain how creativity and innovation resulted in scientific achievement and inventions in many cultures during different historical periods.
- 6.1.4.C.17: Determine the role of science and technology in the transition from an agricultural society to an industrial society, and then to the information age.
- 6.1.4.C.18: Explain how the development of communications systems has led to increased collaboration and the spread of ideas throughout the United States and the world.
- 6.1.4.D.11: Determine how local and state communities have changed over time, and explain the reasons for changes
- 6.1.4.D.12: Explain how folklore and the actions of famous historical and fictional characters from New Jersey and other regions of the United States contributed to the American national heritage.
Common Core Standards:
Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions (e.g., listening to others and taking turns speaking about the topics and texts under discussion).
Ask and answer questions in order to seek help, get information, or clarify something that is not understood.
Speak audibly and express thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly.
Ask and answer questions about what a speaker says in order to gather additional information or clarify something that is not understood.
Explain their own ideas and understanding in light of the discussion.
Speak in complete sentences when appropriate to task and situation in order to provide requested detail or clarification. (See grade 3 Language standards 1 and 3 here for specific expectations.)