New Jersey State Department of Education Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards:
- 5.41= Explore and describe characteristics of soil, rocks, water, and air (e.g. sorting rocks by shape and/or color, observing water s a solid and a liquid, noticing the wind’s effect on playground object)
Health, Safety, and Physical Education:
- 2.4.1 =Develop and refine gross-motor skills (e.g., hopping, galloping, jumping, running, and marching).
- 2.4.2 =Develop and refine fine-motor skills (e.g., complete gradually more complex puzzles, use smaller-sized manipulatives during play, and use a variety of writing instruments in a conventional matter).
- 2.4.3 =Use objects and props to develop spatial and coordination skills (e.g., throw and catch balls and Frisbees, twirl a hulahoop about the hips, walk a balance beam, lace different sized beads, and button and unbutton).
English Language Arts:
- RL.PK.10= Actively participate in read aloud experiences using age appropriate literature in individual, small and large groups.
- RI.PK.1= With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key elements in a familiar text.
- RI.PK.2= With prompting and support, recall important facts from a familiar text.
- RI.PK.3= With prompting and support, make a connection between pieces of essential information in a familiar text.