New Jersey State Department of Education Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards:
- 4.1.1= Count to 20 by ones with minimal prompting
- 4.1.2= Recognize and name one-digit written numbers up to 10 with minimal prompting.
- 4.1.3= Know that written numbers are symbols for number quantities and, with support, begin to write numbers from 0-10.
- 4.2.1 Represent addition and subtraction by manipulating up to 5 objects: a) putting together and adding to (e.g., “3 blue pegs, 2 yellow pegs, and 5 pegs altogether.:) and b) taking apart and taking from (“I have four carrot sticks. I’m eating one. Now I have 3.”)
- 4.3.1= Sort, order, pattern, and classify objects by non-measurable (e.g., color, texture, type of material) and measurable attributes (e.g. length, capacity, height)
- 4.3.2= Begin to use appropriate vocabulary to demonstrate awareness of the measurable attributes of length, area, weight and capacity of everyday objects (e.g. long, short, tall, light, heavy, full)
Visual and Performing Arts:
- 1.4.2= Create two- and three-dimensional works of art while exploring color, line, shape, form, texture, and space.
- 1.4.6= Create more recognizable representations as eye-hand coordination and fine-motor skills develop.
English Language Arts:
- RL.PK.10= Actively participate in read aloud experiences using age appropriate literature in individual, small and large groups.
- RI.PK.1= With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key elements in a familiar text.
- RI.PK.2= With prompting and support, recall important facts from a familiar text.
- RI.PK.3= With prompting and support, make a connection between pieces of essential information in a familiar text.