New Jersey State Department of Education Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards:
Health, Safety, and Physical Education:
- 2.4.3 =Use objects and props to develop spatial and coordination skills (e.g., throw and catch balls and Frisbees, twirl a hulahoop about the hips, walk a balance beam, lace different sized beads, and button and unbutton).
- 4.1.3= Know that written numbers are symbols for number quantities and, with support, begin to write numbers from 0-10.
- 4.3.1= Sort, order, pattern, and classify objects by non-measurable (e.g., color, texture, type of material) and measurable attributes (e.g. length, capacity, height)
English Language Arts:
- L.PK.1 a= Begin to understand the conventions of standard English grammar when speaking during interactions and activities. a) Print many alphabet letters.
- RF.PK.1,d= Recognize and name many upper and lower case letters of the alphabet.
- RF.PK.3,a= Demonstrate an understanding of beginning phonics and word skills. a) Associates many letters (consonants and vowels as ready) with their names and their most frequent sounds.
- RL.PK.10= Actively participate in read aloud experiences using age appropriate literature in individual, small and large groups.
- RI.PK.1= With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key elements in a familiar text.
- RI.PK.2= With prompting and support, recall important facts from a familiar text.
- RI.PK.3= With prompting and support, make a connection between pieces of essential information in a familiar text.
- W.PK.1= Use a combination of drawings, dictation, scribble writing, letter-strings, or invented spelling to share a preference or opinion during play or other activities.
Visual and Performing Arts:
- 1.4.1 Demonstrate the safe and appropriate use and care of art materials and tools.
- 1.4.2 Create two- and three-dimensional works of art while exploring color, line, shape, form, texture, and space.
- 1.4.5 Demonstrate planning, persistence, and problem-solving skills while working independently, or with others, during the creative process.