New Jersey State Department of Education Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards:
Visual and Performing Arts:
- 1.2.1 Sing a variety of songs with expression, independently and with others.
- 1.2.3 Clap or sing songs with repetitive phrases and rhythmic patterns
- 1.4.1 Demonstrate the safe and appropriate use and care of art materials and tools.
- 1.4.2 Create two- and three-dimensional works of art while exploring color, line, shape, form, texture, and space.
English Language Arts:
- RL.PK.3 With prompting and support, identify characters, settings, and major events in a familiar story.
- RL.PK.10 Actively participate in read aloud experiences using age appropriate literature in individual, small and large groups.
- SL.PK.2 Ask and answer questions about a text or other information read aloud or presented orally.
- SL.PK.5 Use drawings or visual displays to add to descriptions to provide additional detail.